We are leading practitioners in defamation law. We help individuals and companies to protect their reputations and we help publishers, broadcasters and others to avoid and resolve complaints brought against them.
We represent both Claimants and Defendants which include
- publishers of newspapers, magazines, books and internet publications
- broadcasters of TV and radio programmes
- producers of films and plays
- individuals – from high profile celebrities and politicians to general individuals
- companies – from international brands to small businesses
We have acted for both Defendants and Claimants in prominent defamation litigation, including libel and slander. We advise on all defamation related issues ranging from bringing or defending a claim, obtaining or defending an injunction to ensuring that published material is free from risk. Whether you are a publisher that has received a complaint about something you have published or an individual or a company that finds yourself the victim of an attack on your reputation, we can help to resolve the situation quickly and effectively.
We also provide pre-publication advice to publishers and broadcasters (see content clearance) and reputation management advice to individuals or companies whose reputations are under attack (see reputation management).